TNT Express is one of the world’s largest and longest established courier companies. Based in the Netherlands, TNT Express delivers to over 200 countries and territories worldwide, and owns operations in 63 countries. We are proud to offer two TNT Express services: TNT Express and TNT Economy Express.
Please see the table below for an at-a-glance comparison of the TNT Express Export services we offer:
|Service||Suitable for:||Information||UK||Europe||Rest of|
|Next day delivery to most of Europe,|
and fastest possible services to the
rest of the world.
|Day-definite scheduled delivery to|
Europe and the rest of the world.
|For next day deliveries throughout|
*Please check TNT’s ‘Worldwide Transit Times’ tool for country-specific transit times and to check this service is available for your shipment’s place of origin and destination.
Size and Weight Restrictions
Restrictions may vary depending on the destination of your shipment. The following information is provided as a general guide:
|Maximum dims||240 x 120 x 150 cm||100 x 60 x 70 cm|
|Maximum weight (loose items)||70 kg||30 kg|
|Maximum weight (palletised)||500 kg|
|Maximum dims||240 x 120 x 180 cm||180 x 120 x 150 cm|
|Maximum weight (loose items)||70 kg||70 kg|
|Maximum weight (palletised)||1000 kg||500 kg|
|Maximum dims||360 x 180 x 210 cm|
|Maximum weight (loose items)||70 kg|
|Maximum weight (palletised)||1000 kg|
Your shipment will be charged by either actual weight or volumetric weight – whichever is greater.
Volumetric weight is a value derived from the size rather than the weight of your parcel and may apply if your parcel is particularly large and contains relatively light items.
TNT Express calculates volumetric weight on import services from countries outside of the EU, by multiplying the three dimensions of your parcel together and dividing by 5000.
|Service||Parcel Weight||Actual Weight||Dimensions||Divisor||Volumetric Weight||Chargeable Weight|
|10kg||10kg||50 x 30 x 20cm||5000||5kg||10kg|
|10kg||10kg||50 x 60 x 40cm||5000||24kg||24kg|
The above calculations apply to TNT Economy Express, and TNT Next Day however the ‘divisor’ in the calculation would be 4000.
|Applied when the delivery location is defined as remote. Please check the TNT Remote Area database to see if your delivery address will be affected.||£15 per shipment or 30p per kg, whichever is greater. This will be added at time of booking.|
|Duty Reversal||Admin charge administered for billing customs duties and taxes to the shipper rather than the receiver.||£15 per consignment|
|Piece with any dimension exceeding 160cm||Applied to any piece on a UK-UK TNT service which has a dimension exceeding 160cm.||£4.95+VAT per parcel|
Please note that any surcharges on deliveries to EU countries are subject to VAT.
- Our list of hazardous, prohibited and owner’s risk items is available here.
- For up-to-date information specific to TNT Express, please check their prohibited items page Please note that prohibited items are subject to vary depending on your delivery destination.
- If you’d like advice on whether or not your items are prohibited, please contact us via email Info@bandevotedservices.com or telephone +44 (0) 333 0144 055, Mon – Fri: 9:00 – 17:00 Sat : 10:00 – 15:00 .
- TNT services are restricted to ‘business to business’ shipments only. Businesses operating from private addresses are usually accepted.
- TNT is unable to collect from Northern Ireland, and quotes for the UK do not include Northern Ireland, the Isles or Scottish Highlands.
- TNT does not deliver to exhibitions. If you require delivery to an exhibition, please get in touch and we can offer an alternative service.
- TNT no longer offers cover for damage to goods in transit. Basic cover against loss of goods still applies in accordance with TNT’s terms and conditions.