Sea Freight, also known as Ocean Freight, is one of the longest established forms of transporting goods Internationally and one of the most economical. While air freight is still favoured for most time-sensitive shipments, sea freight remains a vital component of any International logistics network and it is still the first choice for many shippers looking to send cargo cost-effectively.
Up until recently, there was little visibility of sea freight services in the UK and the industry was typically associated with larger export companies rather than SMEs and private individuals. You therefore might not immediately consider sea freight as an option for shipping your goods. Nevertheless, whether you’re exporting for commercial reasons or you’re relocating to another country and need to ship personal effects, sending your goods via sea freight could save you a lot of money. With our LCL (less than container load) services, you don’t need to have enough cargo to fill a whole container in order to get a beneficial shipping rate. We also offer fantastic rates for FCL (full container load) shipments. Why not get a quote by filling in the simple form on the right.
Sea Freight Shipping and Clearing for a good number of years
BDS can boast of a high degree of Freight Forwarding expertise and has established a reputation for delivering value for money sea freight services putting our customers at the heart of whatever we do.
- Port to Port LCL and FCL sea freight services to many international ports
- Door to Door LCL sea freight services to Ghana and Nigeria
- Roro shipping for Cars, Vans, Trucks, Tractors, Excavators, Trucks and plant.
- Free price quotes for a variety of routes and vessels
- Vehicle Transportation from your home or dealerships to the docks.
- Support with preparing shipping documentation and a dedicated freight customer care team to assist you for the duration of your shipment and beyond.
Your Cost Effective Shipping Services
Sea Freight is the most cost-effective way of sending large volumes of goods internationally. If your delivery is not time-sensitive then sea freight is a viable alternative to air freight or door-to-door courier services.
Get the most out of sea freight services:
- Plan Ahead: sea freight transit times are much longer than shipping freight by air so it’s a good idea to make a booking well in advance of your desired delivery date. Our specialised freight team are happy to give you estimated transit times to your destination depending on the vessel and routing. Please call us on +44 (0) 333 0144 055 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Thinking Big: greater volumes almost always mean cheaper delivery prices when shipping goods internationally, but this is especially true of sea freight. Keep in mind that the greater the volume of your goods the more economical your freight costs will be.
- Protecting your goods: it’s important to package your goods correctly to minimise the risk of damage in transit. Our specialised and experienced freight team are always willing to give advice on packaging.